X10 PowerLinc 1132CU Dimming Problem

Using X10 PowerLinc 1132CU with Smarthome Plus software. Devices are
all generic Radio Shack type modules.  ON and OFF commands work fine.
Dimming is a problem. Very often the device will go to ON but not obey
the dim command.  I can do manual DIM through the software with
multiple clicks and that works fine. As a timed event, the dim
commands often fail. Signal strength is not an issue.

Are there adjustments in the software package that I can make to help
this?

Manny Balfour
Sayville, NY
mbalfour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx