Re: Flourescent kills X10

Interesting idea Dave, but I don't think there is room.  The Miller choke is
about 1/2 inch diameter by 1 1/2 inches long.  There may be smaller torrid
chokes available.  Something to consider is that the 1000 uH choke is only
rated for 1A.  That's ample for a CF bulb.  But any modified appliance
module would have to be identified so it isn't used for another purpose.

Along a similar line, I have modified floor and table lamps for screw-in
compact fluorescents driven by an appliance module.  I just snipped the hot
lead inside the base of the lamp, wired a choke in series, and encased
everything in shrink sleeving.  But I used the 125 uH choke (3.5A) for these
applications in case someone put in normal high wattage bulbs in the future.

Jeff

> Could the choke go inside the appliance module?
>
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Keith,
> >
> >Sorry you are frustrated with X10, but it CAN be a reliable system.  It
does
> >take some planning and management to keep it reliable.
> >
> >We use a bunch of compact fluorescents in ceiling cans to save energy.
Most