Flourescent kills X10

Arrrrgh.  I finally got one flourescent light to work on an appliance
module and not blink, turn back on when turned-off, etc...   What a
PAIN IN THE A$$!!!!

Now, the stupid appliance module on the same circuit down the line will
not receive X10 commands whenever the one up-stream is on, only when
the flourescent up-stream is off!!!

The sad thing is that controlling these flourescent lights are WHY I
BOUGHT this X10 crap!  All the marketing SPAM said it would work.  The
just didn't mention that you couldn't control two modules on the same
line if the first one is already on.

So now I've spent hours searching mods and trying to figure out which
ones would work just to get to this point.

Anyone know what I can do short of replacing the lights with
incandescent to make this crap work?  I guess I could write a macro to
always control the upstream module first for all commands.  Maybe that
might work, but I'm sure there's some problem that I'll run into!

Extremely frustrated,
Keith