Re: Auto Speed Monitoring

ZRexRider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody ever rig up a radar gun or speed detection product in front of
> their house?  It would be really cool if you could hook up a wireless
> rig to your computer.  Let it run a few days and then email the results
> to your local police.
>
> The cops love to catch somebody going 85 in a 65 on a 4 lane highway
> where no pedestrians are at risk but in the 15 years I've lived on my
> 35mph road I've never seen a speed trap and some of the cars/cycles
> blow by 60+.
>
> I've thought of spacing a few motion sensors but I don't think they're
> accurate enough.
>
> Just wondering if any of you guys have ever played with this.

In several communities around San Diego, I've seen (usually
solar-powered) automated radar-gun signs that show you precisely how
fast you are going, placed right next to a speed limit sign.

I'm not sure how effective they are.

Is this a hobby project for you?  Or are you hoping to give the police
enough ammunition to come and set up a periodic radar patrol?