[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Message Index][Thread Index]

Re: Window shade drawstrings.

willshak <willshak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 8/11/2005 2:08 AM US(ET), Patrick D. Rockwell took fingers to keys,
>and typed the following:
>>I have 3 shades in my room. The kind that you pull down, and when you want
>>to raise them,
>>you have to pull them down a bit, and then ease them back up. They don't
>>have any strings
>>on them. Are there strings that you can clip on to them? Where can I buy
>>them? The longer
>>the better, as I am in a wheelchair. Thanks in advance.
>I don't have any roll-up shades in my house and haven't checked them out
>in a long while, but they used to have a cord attached in the center of
>the wood stiffener at the bottom of the shade. There was a pull ring
>attached to the bottom of the cord. If there is a wood stiffener at the
>bottom of the shade, how about drilling a hole in the center and
>attaching your own cord and pull ring?

If they are like mine, they have a hollow piece of rectangular plastic
tubing where older shades had a wooden slat. The plastic would probably need
to be replaced with wood before implementing your suggestion.

The OP might also ask in comp.home.automation which is far more active.
There are some manufacturers of automated shades but the cost will certainly
be higher than a pull cord.

alt.home.automation Main Index | alt.home.automation Thread Index | alt.home.automation Home | Archives Home