Re: x10 remote range

You might be able to replace the switch with an RR501 which has a relay
which can be operated by RF or by X-10 PLC signals. The relay can switch the
12VDC.

However, 200 foot range for the RF is probably marginal even if you have an
unobstructed line of sight.

Cold should not bother the RR501 as long as it stays dry.