Re: X10 Clueless

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:33:29 -0500, "Jeff Hall"
<jefferyhallnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=>I want to have X10 control some outside lights with a dusk to dawn
feature
=>so there is no messing with timers.  Any suggestions?

I have a similar application that I'm interested in.

The X10 Powerhouse MiniTimer Model MT10A is what I have here now, and
it's perfectly adequate for all but one application--turning ON the
front-porch light at dusk. As it is now, I have it programmed to come
ON at what I think is dusk now and will be for several weeks. But then
I have to change it again as the seasons change. It's programmed to go
OFF at 10:15PM, which serves as the signal, "Go Away! We're Asleep!"
(works, too)

I have not dug into the innards of the timer. And here's my question.
Has anybody out there interfaced an LDR circuit with the timer to
trigger the ON signal to a particular channel?  There may be a way to
close the circuit in the "on" section of the mechanical channel
switch. I'm casting about for ideas before I start soldering and
unsoldering...

Thanks in advance
Terry--WB4FXD
Edenton, NC