Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: having trouble getting xPL comfort to set outputs

Re: Changes to Protocol Docs - a Summary

  • Subject: Re: Changes to Protocol Docs - a Summary
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:35:14 -0000

If we're going to specify the format of the version number, can I
make an appeal for a 3 part numerals only version e.g 4.12.1543 -
then it would match the version numbering system in the Windows
Installer that most of us use to package our apps.

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Gerry Duprey <gerry@c...> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> > If the app is in config mode, presumably when it receives
hbeat.request
> > it should respond with a config.app?
>
> The way I've been thinking, I would agree with this (that a
hbeat.request
> got a hbeat.app/basic or config.app/basic back as a response,
depending on
> the devices state).
>
> > Also, to be of any use, the version number would need to be
added to the
> > config.app schema as well as hbeat.app (or we won't have any
version
> > info about programs that are not yet configured).
>
> Related to that, and again, I think this would come as a
recommendation than
> a requirement, does anyone have an opinion on the format of the
version?  I
> can see 1) Leaving it entirely to the developer, 2) suggesting a
V1.0 format
> (version=V1.0) or 3) suggesting a "number" only (i.e.
version=1.0)

> My thought right now is that the #3 would be the best way.
>
> Note, by "number" only, I mean the raw version ident.  It
certainly could
> have letters or something, justs no prefixes like "V" or
"Vrsn" or
anything.