Re: CD (or compact flash etc) booted XPLmedianet/XPLHAL

It does say on their site that it doesn't include support for the full
win32 api on the boot cds to save space.  If you're planning for this PC
to have general purpose use (rather than as a media streamer), that may
be an issue.

Mal

michael.furlong wrote:

> Paul
>
> I have looked at BART PE before for building recovery/boot CDs but not
> for a full environment..but it looks like it would work:)
>
> Now to find the time to do something about it!
>
> Thanks
> Mick

windows system you can boot from CD

> Paul

If
> > you
> > want to be able to restore the state, the easiest thing to do is
> just
> > burn an an image of the configured machines hard drive onto DVD.
> >
> > Spyware etc mostly comes from web browsing and installing dodgy
> > applications (and no xPL apps have spyware in them!), so assuming
> you
> > have a firewall in place, you shouldn't get any on your server
> > machine.
> > Normal anti-virus software will protect you against the rest.
> >
> > Mal
> >

> > Paul Robinson wrote:
> >
> > > This is where we could do with xplhal on linux...then a slug
> > > (nslu2-linux.org) would have
> > > been ideal for this.

xplmedianet
> (plus