Latest message you have seen: Re: xPL for Phones...

xPLHal - was it ever rebuilt for V3/V4?

  • Subject: xPLHal - was it ever rebuilt for V3/V4?
  • From: Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:06:05 +0100

So after reinstalling xPLHal (downloaded from Tony's site), I still have
the problem with my W800 app that it doesn't get the messages sent by
the xPLHal built-in hub.

I took a look at the xpllib source code to see if there were any
differences in the way sockets are treated between that and my SDK, but
they appear to be binding the same way.

So I decided to test the V4 lib with the built-in hub of xPLHal, and lo
and behold, the exact same problem occurs.  The rapid heartbeats keep
coming - the V4 code isn't getting the xPLHal hub reponses either.

Now, this problem only happens when you specify a ListenOn address,
which is why hardly anybody is seeing this.  V4 and my SDK take notice
of the ListenOn address, whereas the xPLHal hub merrily binds to 0.0.0.0
no matter what.  I don't know what IP address the hub is sending it's
messages to, because neither Ethereal and SmartSniff show them (but they
are being sent, because when ListenOn is set to ANY_LOCAL you can see
the interactions in the xPLHal monitor).

This is a bit of a concern, because as Frank found out, the xPLHal hub
is not compatible with the changes that have been made over the last few
months, so the question is, was xPLHal ever recompiled with V3 or V4?
Or is the version on Tony's site really the latest one?

Mal