Latest message you have seen: DCM V1.0 is available

RE: Odd Request...

  • Subject: RE: Odd Request...
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:05:13 +0100

Hi Ian

> That's plan B - I was thinking in the first instance that cards which
> are actually getting skipped would be the best (as there's no danger
of
> you forgetting and plugging it back in again)

Which is why I suggested ISA as there is very little chance of finding
anywhere to plug them in :-)

Failing that the MAC extraction process is

1. Copy down the number
2. Hit the card with a very big hammer :-)

I once had a motherboard from a Viceroy phone system (Mitel SX10) that had
been round the repair loop about 6 times in 6 months which indicated to me
that the fault had never been found and it failed about 45 minutes after it
was installed (just after all the programming had been keyed in from the
console).

I sent it back for repair again but I accidently laid it against the kerb
and reversed the van over it first :-)

Keith