Latest message you have seen: DCM V1.0 is available

RE: Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:09:04 +0100

> I don't see how that would make anything more robust - if the
> client exits before the hub, which may well happen when the
> system is shut down, it still gets deleted from the list.

I mis-wrote what I meant, what I mean't was for the hub to retain the list
of clients that hadn't expired at shutdown, even if they had sent a
hbeat.end (i.e. if hub closes before expiry of an ended app it starts it
next time just in case)

> Anyway, I thought saving the client list was just for the V3
> hubs - and  only because they needed to share that
> information to enable a seamless changeover.

I just feel that having the new hub handle all this means no need to change
any existing app's, only the hub needs replacing

No, it's not perfect I know that

Anyway, I'll go with whatever is decided, but none of my existing app's
will
be changed (there's too many of them and I just don't have the time) - so
users of them will have to live with this if they continue to use them

Regards
Tony