Latest message you have seen: Re: plugin XML files

Re: xPLMediaNet MVP Video Format

  • Subject: Re: xPLMediaNet MVP Video Format
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:01:30 -0000

You need to convert to SVCD format.

I dont do this any more, but I still have an old web page with
instructions:
http://www.lansell.org/mal/ha/ha_dvd.shtml

All the tools are free, apart from the mpeg2 encoder which IIRC is
around $40 to register, although you can try it for free for a month
first.

I used to do exactly this before deciding to switch to a full-blown PC
running MediaPortal instead of the MVP.  The basic reason for that
choice was that I wanted to retain the surround sound and chapters
(and in some cases menus) and MediaPortal allows you to stream DVD
data (including menus) from a network share - all I do now is use
DVDDecrypter and DVD2One (to remove the menus and extra rubbish, and
shrink the data slightly) and dump the data on the server.

I only mention this because I spent ages converting movies to SVCD for
the MVP, only to decide to change and have to rip my movies all over
again!

Mal