Latest message you have seen: DCM V1.0 is available

RE: Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:48:18 +0100

> Gerry's version (extended hbeat rather than about.basic) does
> not appear problematic - the proposed change is
> backwards-compatible and would enable me to write a diagnosis
> tool that would make all our xPL lives easier.

Hi Mal,

Sorry, my rant wasn't directed directly at your post (should have started a
new thread), I am concerned about all of the posts that have flown around
for the last week regarding hubs and everything in general.

My point was that xpl works as is (at least should work), and real problems
seemingly only started (and only for some users) when we added a hub to
applications? At least that's how it appears from my perspective.

I have no problem with the diags stuff in general

I do have a problem with things like 3 second heartbeats, but as it doesn't
seemingly change the protocol in practice (but for me it does in spirit,
but
that's just my opinion) if other people want to introduce this in their own
app's/device's then that's fine by me.

Regards
Tony