Re: xPLMediaNet - Patch Update and First MVP Release

  • Subject: Re: xPLMediaNet - Patch Update and First MVP Release
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <those@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:01:22 -0000

I'm doing something similar with both an MVP and Rio in the same
room. The MVP controlling the Rio means I don't have to get up and
squint at the small Rio screen but the Rio has better sound quality
than the MVP throught the TV's speakers.

DVD's have been ripped to SVCD so the MVP can play them directly
from a fairly humble server (but only stereo playback).

Great bit of software isn't it!

Rob

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Neil Frost" <neil@f...> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I'm using the MVP in my lounge to control the exstreamer in node0
that powers my ceiling speakers im my lounge... saves SWMBO firing
up a browser to listen to music.

> Neil
>
> ________________________________

Release

> Hi Tony
>
> >Have you tried going into remote control on your mvp? You can
take >remote control of the exstreamer here, and then the mvp
becomes a >front end to the exstreamer.

> Not sure what your getting at here Tony sorry....I can change the
volume using the mvp remote and have gotten into a menu etc...

> Since the mvp is also an mp3 player why use it as a front end for
the exstreamer???...Im probably missing the obvious here as is
normal for me ;-))...a while back i couldnt understand why anybody
would want to play music from the pc ;-)).....