RE: Re: Help with Timed Events

Hi Jeff,

> Are there any help docs I could download regarding scripting
> and the dawndusk service?

Here's some info on the dawn/dusk service:

First thing to do is get it installed and up and running.

You should see it listed under xPL Devices/Awaiting Configuration in
xPLHal Manager.
Double-click on it and configure it.
You will need to enter your latitude/longitude values - let me know if
you need help in figuring these out.

The dawn/dusk service will now send out an xPL message at dusk, and
another at dawn.

Next, lets make something happen at dusk:

In xPLHal Manager, click File -> New -> Determinator.
Click Next.
Give the determinator a name, e.g. "Dusk sensed", and click Next.
On the conditions page, click Add.
Find the dawn/dusk service, and from the list of actions, select Dusk
Sensed.
Click OK.
Click Next to proceed to the actions list.
Click Add to add an action, and select your CM12 device, then specify
which X10 device to switch on at dusk.
Click Next, then Finish to complete the wizard.

You should now have a determinator that will fire whenever dusk is
sensed by the dawn/dusk service.

HTH,

John