RE: Re: xPL - Front End

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPL - Front End
  • From: "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 09:41:25 +1000

Hi Frank,

This is the actual code that I use in MH for my Vehicle Announcer.

# Basically, say "Neil's Car Leaving", Logit, Turn Lights ON,
# Set Timer for 5 minutes when timer expires turn lights OFF

sub main::Vehicle_Annoucer_Routine {
my ($a, $b) = @_;
speak "$a $b";
print_log $a,$b;
set $Driveway ON;
set $Verandah_Light ON;
set $Front_Door ON;
set $timer_Driveway 5*60, sub {set $Driveway OFF;
set $Front_Door OFF;
set $Verandah_Light OFF;
print_log "Turning Driveway OFF"}, 1;
}

# Processing of incoming X10 ON/OFF commands
if(state_now $Car_Vo_Neil eq 'on')  {
Vehicle_Annoucer_Routine("Neils Car"," Leaving") ;
}

if(state_now $Car_Vo_Neil eq 'off')  {
Vehicle_Annoucer_Routine("Neils Car"," Arriving") ;
}

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

I am not so
>   > >   > sure it >would
>   > >   > >work though, for the same reasons we didn't see
anything
>   > > happen with
>   > >   > >autom8it.
>   > >   >
>   > >   > Thanks for having a look at it........
>   > >   >
>   > >   >
>   > >   >
>   > >   > >My fear is that the happy cooperation with CQC
would last
>   > >   > right up >until
>   > >   > >someone pointed out a way to do something for
free in
>   > > xplhal, rather
>   > >   > >than in CQC!!
>   > >   >
>   > >   > True.......Personally if it had xPL Integration i
would
>   > >   > purchase it purely for the graphics stuff....
>   > >   >
>   > >   > >Still, it would be wrong to be pessimistic from
the start -
>   > >   > there's a >30
>   > >   > >day eval of CQC, so I'll give it a wee whirl.
>   > >   >
>   > >   > Looking forward to your comments when you have had
a play...
>   > >   >
>   > >   > Thanks
>   > >   > Frank
>   > >   >
things?
>   > >   >
>   > >   >   My fear is that the happy cooperation with CQC
would last
>   > >   > right up until
>   > >   >   someone pointed out a way to do something for
free in
>   > > xplhal, rather
>   > >   >   than in CQC!!
>   > >   >
>   > >   >   Still, it would be wrong to be pessimistic from
> the start -
>   > >   > there's a 30
>   > >   >   day eval of CQC, so I'll give it a wee whirl.
>   > >   >
>   > >   >   Ian.
>   > >   >
cards.......
>   > >   >
>   > >   >   Would be nice to have a nice front end especially
for
>   > >   > xPLMedianet.....
>   > >   >   Have a look at the CQC stuff ,its not free but
looks
>   > >   > great....from my
>   > >   >   understanding you can create your own graphics
> quite easily
>   > >   > .........
>   > >   >   http://www.charmedquark.com/
>   > >   >
>   > >   >   Frank
>   > >   >   www.armaghelectrical.com.au
>   > >   >
>   > >   >
>   > >   >
>   > >   >
>   > >   >
>   > >   >   xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk
>   > >   http://www.xplhal.com http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >           Protocol analysis  Modbus protocol
Communication
>   > > and networking
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
to:
>   > >
>   > >       c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo!
http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk