Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...

  • Subject: Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...
  • From: "Jack Edin" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:58:25 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@l...> wrote:

> I am currently working on other projects that would prevent
> significant coding assistance on something new and unanticipated;

I understand.

> but, I would be happy to answer your questions.
>
> Gregg

Since you're a Mister House expert, could you please do me a quick
favor?

In the previous post, John made his new client available.

Right now I'm having trouble installing it onto the Win98se mh box...

This gives me time to ask you to code a simple example, Mister House
style.

For example how about an x10 tie-in as a condition.

I'm not (yet) using Housecode M, unitcode 12 & 13.

I can make extries in my items.mht file, if you want. What would you
like them named?

Then make M12 on send a 255 (ffh) to the port via xPL.
M12 off could send a zero (00h)...

This will prove the theory, and John's client.

Any reason his client couldn't run along side of Mister House, on the
same machine?

Thankx, again... in advance!

Jack
:)