RE: Re: configuring xplhal manager

  • Subject: RE: Re: configuring xplhal manager
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:49:10 +0100

Hi guys - if you don't see xplhal itself in the "awaiting
configuration"
window, there are a couple of possibilities.

The most likely of these is the Xp SP2 firewall (if that's your windows
version) - zonealarm etc will similarly get in the way.

You need to add a couple of exceptions to the firewall software:

Add a "port" exception for UDP 3865 - call this xPL, and one for
TCP 3865 -
call this XHCP.

It helps to also add exceptions for the xpl hub, and for the xplhal service
itself.

Ian.