RE: Reviving the xPL Schema definition discussion

> > XSDs seemed to be the way to go for this, despite the fact that
xPL
> > messages are not XML, it still appeared to be possible to define
the

> Hmm, not sure I agree.  XSD is pretty good at describing XML
> documents themselves, but having written a few XSD documents
> for our integration projects, I really don't think it would
> be a good fit for something that is more flat like xPL.

I'm with Gerry on this one.

I'm not sure what the advantages of using XSD over our own XML-based
syntax would be.
Sure there are loads of tools out there for manipulating XSD, but
they're all aimed at using XSD to describe XML documents - not xPL
messages.

Just about every development environment can easily read and parse XML -
I'm not sure if the same is true for XSD - and I'd imagine that an
XML-based syntax will be easier for most developers to read and
understand than an XSD-based version.
(In my experience most developers can easily understand an XML file,
while XSD usually requires a bit more knowledge)

Just my thoughts,

Regards,

John