RE: Re: How can I stop the machine debugger from starting when an asp page is starte

  • Subject: RE: Re: How can I stop the machine debugger from starting when an asp page is starte
  • From: "Michael Avanessian" <mkanet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:12:30 -0800

Hi John, I appreciate offering to help me.  I sent a message to this group
earlier, but I don't think you got it (it's included below the broken
dotted
line below....

PS:  I have the "xplhalweb.zip" web interface installed, but
that's not
what's launching the machine debugger (mdm.exe).  It's the
"xPLASPSend"
utility.  As soon as I send a command, the mdm.exe process is started.
Please read the following:

The only time the machine debugger starts is when using the xPLASPSend
utility.  The only documentation is the README.txt file included in the zip
file:

This is a DLL to send an xPL message

You need to register the xPL_ASP.dll using regsvr32

squtil.dll just needs to be placed in windows\system32 folder

A sample asp segment for use is:

<%
Set Objxplasp = Server.CreateObject("xPL_ASP.xPLASP")
objxplasp.send
"xpl-cmnd","*","x10.basic","device=D11\ncommand=off"
Set objxplasp = Nothing
%>

The xPL message type will default to xpl-cmnd if ""
The xPL Target will default to * if ""
The xPL Schema will default to x10.basic if ""
The xPL Message must be at least 3 characters long

Use \n for line breaks in message body
To use \n in a message use \\n

I just checked, and I have xPL_ASP.dll located in the "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\50\isapi"
directory.  Also have "squtil.dll" located in my
"C:\Windows\System32"
directory.

The only thing I can think of is that I didn't use any of the files
included
in the zip file (*.bas, *.exp, *.lib, *.vbw, *.vbp, *.cls, *.tmp).  Am I
supposed to do something with these files?  Can somebody please confirm
that
mdm.exe "IS" launched when using xPLASPSend?

Thanks!