Re: Re: xPL bridging loop prevention

  • Subject: Re: Re: xPL bridging loop prevention
  • From: Mark Hindess <xpl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:00:03 +0000

On 17 November 2005 at 10:47, "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm actually quite a way through writing a non-.NET replacement.  No
> use to you of course because you're running in Linux, but I do have
> a solution for the problem you mention.

Indeed, but I'm sure it will be appreciated by others on this list.

Thanks for your description of the bridge algorithm.  I'll see if that
gets me over the problems I was having when I get a bit more time over
the weekend.

I assume that the bridge is incrementing the hop count, dropping message
with excessive hop counts, and that the hop count is being ignored for
the purposes of hashing?

Regards,
Mark.