RE: Re: How can I stop the machine debugger from starting when an asp page is started?

  • Subject: RE: Re: How can I stop the machine debugger from starting when an asp page is started?
  • From: "Michael Avanessian" <mkanet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:52:57 -0800

Yes, I am waiting for the author as well.  Who is the author anyway?  My
configuration is exactly as specified in the documentation to install the
xPL web interface.  However, navigating through the xPL web interface isn't
forcing the machine debugger on, it's when I execute something like the
below code contained in an .asp file (in a sub directory of the web
interface).  This subdirectory doesn't contain any special permissions nor
did I configure that directory as an ASP app, only the parent directory is
configured as an ASP app.

***** fishlighton.asp ***********************************************
<%
Set Objxplasp = Server.CreateObject("xPL_ASP.xPLASP")
objxplasp.send
"xpl-cmnd","*","x10.basic","device=A3\ncommand=on"
Set objxplasp = Nothing
%>

Anyway, disabling the Machine debugger service in XP produces Event Viewer
error messages about DCOM when the ASP (vbscript mentioned above) is trying
to force the machine debugger on and cant. Definitely not a permanent
solution.