Re: Re: can xPLHal automatically save its logs?

You configure it using filters.  This can be done via xPLHal Manager.
My filters are set to:
filter[1]=xpl-cmnd.*.*.*.*.*
filter[2]=xpl-trig.*.*.*.*.*
I.e. it logs everything but xpl-stat messages (like hbeats).

Filters will not help to explicitly exclude some types of messages.
They indicate what you want to *include* in the log.

2 option here: make the filter list exhaustive and list all the
possible xpl-stat messages you will receive and want to log.
Something like
filter[3]=xpl-stat.thevendor.thedevice.door1.alarm.*
filter[4]=xpl-stat.othervendor.otherdevice.myfridge.sensor.basic

or you could log everything and use xslt to filter away the config and
hbeat messages.  Each time the logger saves to xml it can also apply
an xslt to transform the input along your wishes.  Just set the 'xsl'
configuration item to a valid xslt-file again using the manager.

That second option is what I use to publish what the pirs around my
house detect.  The logger logs all xpl-cmnd and xpl-trig messages and
the xslt selects from the saved messages only those of class 'log'.
These are then transformed in html and ftp'ed to my website.  Xslt
examples are included in the download (but xslt can be a struggle!)

(a 3rd option is to hack the logger: the code is freely available ;-)

Cheers,
Tom

On 5/31/05, rleong1 <rleong1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> how would i set up a filter to ignore heartbeats?
>
> --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Tom Van den Panhuyzen <tomvdp@g...>
> wrote:
> > If logging to an xml file would be a solution too then check out
the
> > xpllogger here:
> > http://users.telenet.be/see/ha/
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tom
> >

> > On 5/31/05, slashcomfort <yahoo@n...> wrote:
> > > When looking at xPLHalManager, you see all the xpl messages
going
> > > about. this can be manually saved, can it be automatically
saved
> say on
> > > a daily basis? (with files names pertaining to the date?)
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Ade
> > >

> > > xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
> > > http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk