Re: Re: sample xplhal scripts to process xap messages?

John B wrote:

>Hi Kevin,
>

>>call
xpl.SendMsg(XPL_STAT,"","TTS.BASIC","speech=test")
  (note
>>underscore not hyphen in XPL_STAT)
>>
>>   and all should be OK, at least it all then works for me :-)
>>
>>Actually in all my TTS messages the first param is "" and
it
>>works, haven't just got the time to check if I should have
>>supplied a param here. Also the TTS.BASIC is a CMND not a
>>STAT - but it seems to send CMND anyway for the above.
>>

>The first parameter of the xpl.SendMsg() function should be either:
>Xpl-cmnd
>Xpl-trig
>Xpl-stat
>
>If you leave it as an empty string, it will default to xpl-cmnd.
>
>It's quite likely that xpl_stat would work with some apps, as quite a
>few apps just check the sequence of bytes at offset 5 to be either
>"cmnd", "stat" or "trig", but the -
rather than the _ is certainly the
>correct notation.
>
>Regards,
>
>John

Ahh well - I guess I found the right reason but wrong answer.    In the
original script the xpl-stat was not in quotes so maybe the - was
treated as an operator and hence the script broke and didn't run ?  Of
course by changing - to _ I caused this not to happen and I guess a null
value was passed so it defaulted to xpl-cmnd.    So best to use
"xpl-cmnd"   ;-)

Kevin