Re: slimserver xpl module help

  • Subject: Re: slimserver xpl module help
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:21:56 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, John Gorst <ukha@g...> wrote:

> >i changed xpl.pm to check if $track->album()->title() is
defined. i
> >hope this helps. try it out first. i'm not sure if it works
because i
> >can't run a stream right now.  you should just be able to copy the
> >whole file instead of finding the diffs.
> >
> >control.pm is unchanged.
> >

> This works a treat. Updated diff info sent to developers forum.
>
> The only problem remaining is that if slimserver tries to send an xpl
> message when playing /any/ radio stream it crashes.
>
> Can't call method "title" on an undefined value at
> /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Control/xPL.pm line 264.
>
> The offending line is $album = $track->album()->title();
>
> This is a particular problem now as slimserver tries to send an xpl
message just as it begins to play the radio stream causing it to
crash. I think this is what will stop slimdevices integrating this
update into the code. (although everything is fine if we dont have xpl
turned on in the settings).

make these changes to xpl.pm & see if it helps:

if (defined($track->album()) &
defined($track->album()->title())) {
$album = $track->album()->title();
}