Re: Re: slimserver xpl module help

rleong1 wrote:

>good work.  i made a change that sends an xpl message after every
>change in play mode (play, stop, pause, skip back/fwd)
>
>when you skip back/fwd, it will send out an xpl message w/
>status=stopped, the rest of the fields blank. then when the next track
>queues up it will send a message w/ the correct info.  similarly for
>pause & stop it will send out a message w/ status=stopped or
>status=paused and the other fields (except power) blank.
>
>let me know if that'll do & i'll upload it to my site.

That would be cool. Would it be possible to point out the changes so I
dont have to go hunting this time though!

Also come accross another problem, but I think it is a problem with
slimserver. Cant really think of a work around that we could put in to
the xPL code though.

Here is my post that I have just sent to the developers list regarding it:

When playing an AlienBBC stream I get the following error and the server
crashes just before (presumeably) an xpl.heartbeat messages is going to
be sent (one is automatically sent every five minutes)

Can't call method "title" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Control/xPL.pm line 264.

The offending line is $album = $track->album()->title();

Should this (minor) error cause slimserver to crash! Presumeably this is
something 'special' with alienBBC streams (?other radio streams) not
having the typical album/artist/title info.

If this information is not known should it not just return 'unknown'.

Cheers

>--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, John Gorst <ukha@g...> wrote:
>

>>rleong1 wrote:
>>

>>>no. i just calls to the xpl module.  you can do a diff or just
>>>

>search
>

>>>for "xpl" in each of those modules to see what i
changed.