Re: slimserver xpl module help

  • Subject: Re: slimserver xpl module help
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:02:45 -0000

so i just did this.  i have some code i put up on my site:
kjsdoghouse.com/autohouse/scripts/slimxpl.zip

there's a few changes in here:
- sends xpl message when power toggles
since there's no defined schema to do this i just made one up:

XPL-STAT Structure
------------------
AUDIO.SLIMSERV
{
Status = <playingstoppedwhatever else?>
Update = <powered onpowered offany other random messages>
}

- sends audio.basic status message w/ title, artist, album when new
song starts playing
- sends audio.slimserv message with Update = "end of list" when
end of
playlist occurs.  this way i can automatically turn off my amps some
time after the music stops.

i'm not sure if i'm going to support this going forward.  it's just
something i'm goofing around w/.

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, John Gorst <ukha@g...> wrote:
> chrismrich wrote:
>
> >Has anyone managed to find a way of getting slimserver to put out
an
> >Xpl message when a device changes power state (i.e. when
controlled

wrote:

> [...]
slimserver's xpl

> >module,

it appears my
something like

> >that?

this is

> >running

> >making?

function

> >make
> >

> >>the

> >to test

> >>i'm just experimenting w/ some stuff right now.  having
slimserver