RE: Pause Question

Hi Frank,

> John when you put a pause in the actions of a Determinator
> does it still allow subroutines and other things to be
> processed ?? or does processing actually stop until the pause
> has ended..??

Only the processing of that particular determinator is paused -
everything else should continue running.

As determinators are fully threaded (each determinator runs in it's own
thread) nothing else should be affected by the pause.

Note though that sub-routines are not threaded (a limitation of the
scripting engine I believe).

> I have installed 200msec pauses before sending a (cbus lite
> level) Global to a HV  variable...this was to allow the cbus
> lites usb to update the globals , as the Determinator is
> actually triggered by a cbus command.....Looks like sometimes
> the hv variable update is still the previous old value , have
> tried increasing to 400msec but still the same issue
> occassionly...??? Is there another work around for this....???

Why not bypass the C-Bus sub routine completely, and have something
like:

Create a determinator that has as it's input condition the trigger
message that is sent out when xPL C-Gate receives an updated C-Bus group
level.
Then in the actions, take the value of ramplevel and store it in your HV
global using the {XPL::RAMPLEVEL} as the value of the HV variable.

You will need 3 determinators:
One to look for current=on and set your HV variable to 255.
One to look for current=off and set your HV variable to 0
And the other to look for ramp commands as explained above.

Hope this all makes sense - if I'm correct in my understanding of what
you're trying to do, it should eliminate the need for the sub-routine to
update the global first, so you shouldn't need any delays etc.

Regards,

John