Re: Getting variable value from xPL_HomeVision from xPL script...

Hi Frank,

Not quite...
The conditions of the determinator is that a specific periodic event
fired...
The actions are to execute a script which will query HV for a specific
variable value send that value out in an osd.basic message...

So far in the script I have:

Sub GSHED_HVISION_OUTLAW_trigger(XplMsg)
Dim CurrentValue
Dim StatusText

CurrentValue = xpl.GetParam(XplMsg, "current", True)

' Display the caller details on any on-screen displays, e.g. Tivo
StatusText = "STATUS UPDATE:\nImmersion: " & CurrentValue
call
xpl.SendMsg("","","osd.basic","text="
& StatusText)
End Sub

However, as XplMsg refers to the periodic event trigger, that I
currently get is:
STATUS UPDATE:
Immersion: OCCURRED

So, I need someway of obtaining the appropriate variable value from
within the script so that I can use it to build up the text send out
as the osd.basic message.

How does "xpl.SendMsg()" work...?
Does it block...?
Does it return a confirmation message...?

Many thanks,
Andy.