xPL-CBUS-HV

Hi all
Just thought some xPLLERS who are using  Homevision and Cbus might
be interested in how  i track Cbus light levels in Homevision...

Recently i upgraded my hv prom to the latest 3.42  to use the Custom
Lighting feature....
I also signed Clipsals NDA to obtain the Public release of their
protocol.....
Now im able to send Cbus commands to my lites  directly from Homevision
,which also keeps track of the level of each lite.....BUT  doesnt  track
the
level when other sources such as cbus switches send level commands to
lites...;-(

I started to dabble with capturing the levels via hv serial port as all the
cbus traffic is passed via the  cbus pc interface ,although it could be
done
this way it would be very time consuming (for me anyway)..........

It then dawned on me that xPL-CGATE  tracks the level of each lite via a
subroutine that John
B wrote which stores each lite level in a Global......

So i wrote a some simple Determinators which watched for cbus messages and
then sent the appropiate global value  to the appropiate Homevision
variable
...;-)
I had to add a short delay (200ms) before retrieving  and sending the
global
value, this allowed the Cbus subroutine to update the global....as
Homevision appeared to have the previous level in its variable after each
update....Now works a  treat ....

Not sure how its going to go when my pirs start sending lots of message
when
they are enabled (late evening and early morning) but i intend to get the
pir triggers into Homevision if my hv i/o Expander works out ok instead of
via bus couplers  .........

Once again xPL comes to the rescue........
Must get back to writing the rest of my Determinators

Frank
www.armaghelectrical.com.au