xplsend not working with audio.slimserv

  • Subject: xplsend not working with audio.slimserv
  • From: "kinkead1s" <kinkead1s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 03:18:15 -0000

I hope to use xPL to control my Squeezebox with Xlobby as the frontend
GUI.  Unfortunately, Xlobby does not have an xPL plugin, so I'm using
the command line interface "xplsend".

To verify that xplsend is working, I opened a Windows command shell
and told the slimserver to play the current song:

xplsend xpl-cmnd * audio.slimserv play

But, nothing happens. :(   Any suggestions on how to debug this?

BTW, the slimserver does respond to xPLHal Manager commands and it
also generates heart beats visable in the xPL Monitor window.

Steve the xPL newbie.