RE: Re: xPLMediaNet Client Web - Frames or No Frames

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLMediaNet Client Web - Frames or No Frames
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:55:04 +0100

Hi Tim,

> I keep wanting to create a map of an image for the various
> players / remotes to capture the controls in a familiar
> format. Something along the lines of
> http://www.oro.net/~tfabris/empegface.htm
would be awesome.
> It seems given the structure of how the web interface is
> structured this wouldn't be too hard, but then what do I know. :-)

Hmmm. Don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

I'd need to get each client to store what's on the screen in a format that
an interface module could access it

There are 2 ways to do this,

A) concentrate purely on the text menu's on the devices and store the
current screen lines

B) store a picture of the current screen

'B' would be much better, though would be more intensive (and memory
hungry)
to keep up-to-date

Perhaps 'A' would be better with the interface drawing the menu screen,
therefore keeping it a separate process for those who don't want to use it.

Will have to think about it

Regards
Tony