RE: xPLMediaNet Feature Request

  • Subject: RE: xPLMediaNet Feature Request
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:56:07 +0100

> Would it be possible (and I don't know how they work yet, or
> even what the OSD looks like on the MVP) to use the OSD to
> control other devices hooked up to xPLMediaNet?
> For example, I have an exstreamer to do my lounge audio. When
> I need to control it, I have to fire up the Lappy, browse to
> the server and start it that way. It would be tons easier if
> I could just change the TV channel to the MVP, select the
> correct device and fire it off from there (SWMBO would use it
> a lot more as well I think).

Hi Neil,

The mvp client includes an xpl menu system, that could be used. But this
could be cumbersome.

If you have a remote for the exstreamer - then, when mvp has osd added, you
would be able to control it via the mvp (or if you have a tivo you could do
it straight away).

But this is an interesting problem you've bought up. What I can do, when
time permits (the mvp client for xplmedianet will be the last of the
existing xplrionet clients to be implemented) is add the ability for the
mvp
(or actually any device) to control any other device with regards to music
selection (as they use a common menu).

i.e. you could choose the exstreamer from a list of other devices, and then
all control on the mvp would be directed at the exstreamer?

Regards
Tony