Re: Mutex Problem

Sofisticated... hm, I don't think so. :-)
There is no option in .Net to set the security attributes.  Because a
service runs as "LocalSystem" (at least if you install it to run
with
that account) the mutex "inherits" that security context.

In .Net there is no easy way around this.

The most likely scenario where you will encounter a security problem
is when you launch an application that tries to grab the mutex but the
hub is already running as a service.  Therefore, in the .net xpllib,
the error is trapped and the application will not try to become hub.

For testing purposes you either run your code as a service or you
could run a normal app compiled with xpllib.  Maybe I could quickly
compile you something like that ?  The V3 hub as a console app maybe ?

Do you have the .Net code ?  It has useful comments inside...
(Comments in code! yes! ;-)

Tom