xPLRioNet - another request for help with scanner

  • Subject: xPLRioNet - another request for help with scanner
  • From: "william_fredette" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:54:11 -0000

Hi, all. I guess I'm the only one having trouble with the scanner not
finding some of my albums. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I noticed
some info in the readme about configuring the scanner to get its info
from the path/filename instead of the ID3 tags. To wit:

"Normally the scanner get's it's information from the tags in a music
file, however by populating the format= parameter you can specify
that the scanner uses path/filename parts instead"

"The precedence for searching is:
If format="" or is missing then
Use tags
If format<>"" then
Use path/filename
If tags=Yes then
Use tags for missing information"

My question is this. How exactly do I populate the format= parameter
so that the scanner will get its info that way? Do I just enter
"path/filename"?  I apologize if this is obvious and I'm just
missing
the boat. Thanks.

Bill