Re: xPLHubs (again!)

  • Subject: Re: xPLHubs (again!)
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:48:38 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi Mal,
>
> > Looks good to me - simple and easy to parse (although it
> > could be simpler still if we just stored the refresh date as
> > a 64bit time value - like the Windows FILETIME.
>
> OK - going with Windows file time is fine by me.
>
> I'll add these changes to the list of things to do :-(
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Note that FILETIME is a UTC time - so we must all make sure we use
GetSystemTime instead of GetLocalTime (or equivalents) when
obtaining the current time to compare with or write into the file.

UTC time will be safer than an explicit time/date in local time,
since it avoids problems when the clocks go forward in spring (when
the hub would suddenly think it hadn't heard from any of the clients
for an hour).

How will this 64-bit number be written out?  Decimal number or 16
digit hex value?

BTW, can fprintf etc handle 64-bit integers?

Mal