RE: Newbie to xpl

  • Subject: RE: Newbie to xpl
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:41:24 -0000

> Thats old hat ;-))...the xPL-LCD is the flavour of the month
> at the moment
> ;-)

Sorry, haven't had time to follow the thread... Will catch up on it!

> Didnt realise you had zoned ir tx and rx ???....Using
> Multiple red rats ???

Well slight exageration at the moment. IR control is multi-zoned sending
from each room (using the the ir remote from rio/slim etc)

The output is still a single zone. Mainly because I want to run redrats and
things from diskless/fanless win98 pc's but I really want them to run in
1gb
memory chips (mainly to support voice recognition), but for some odd reason
they'll only run with 512mb. I'm guessing it's an I issue with the ramdisk
utility I use, will have to see if I can find another to try.

> Noticed you didnt mention tvosd ;-))......not able to use in
> solid text mode ??

It works fine in solid text, but I only have 4 video zones and theyre all
in
use (ntl/tivo, freeview, dvd changer, ha pc)

When I can afford an 8 zone switcher it'll get allocated a zone (that way
xplhal, which noone mentioned including me, can just switch the zone in to
the appropriate output)

Regards
Tony