RE: XPL-LCD

  • Subject: RE: XPL-LCD
  • From: "Neil Frost" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:08:01 -0000

I have to say Frank, I am rather excited about your proposed device.

About 2.5 years ago I posted to ukha enquiring about a device that would be
able to generically control any number of devices, kind of like a universal
remote control, but there was nothing on the market. It was about 6 months
later that xAP was born, and consequently, xPL. I am now very much into
using xPL for what I can (I can't develop programs, can't build components
or devices, but I sure can USE in anger...)

What sort of format where you thinking of? Desktop, wall mounted (probably
tricky with the mss100 as well)

Could you put in a clock display on the device rather than have an xPL
message update it but then the display can be overwritten by an xPL message
for the specified time and then reset to clock display?

How about a ds1820 temperature sensor in there as well?

Cheers

Neil