RE: xPLRioNet is Dead?, Long live xPLMediaNet? - xPLRioNet users please read!

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet is Dead?, Long live xPLMediaNet? - xPLRioNet users please read!
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:21:36 -0000

> That seems like a decent idea - but will traffic also be sent
> to the rest of
> the xPL network, or will messages stay internal to the hub
> and its clients?

All xpl messages will be relayed to the outside world.

All incoming messages will be checked that are an expected schema (e.g.
media.basic, tts.basic etc to filter out unnecessary traffic) and sent on
only to the client they are targetted at (or to all if it's a broadcast)

When a device module starts it will register it's schema's (and details of
clients as and when) with the core. Along with any common port requirements
it has. The core will advise the module of any existing clients at startup
to.

> All sounds good - it's just the control of/by external xPL apps that
> concerned me.  So long as xPL commands from (for example),
> the MVP menus,
> and player status messages make it out to the wider xPL world, (and
> similarly, commands from xPLHal get acted upon), we would
> have all the
> flexibility we could want.

Yep, see above.

This is one (of many) reason the database messages won't be xpl, as they
should only be internal.

Regards
Tony