xPLRioNet v3.9.35 Released

  • Subject: xPLRioNet v3.9.35 Released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:31:55 -0000

Hi all,

Have just published xPLRioNet v3.9.35 to www.xplhal.com (last official
release was v3.9.29?)

The changes in this version are:

A) MVP Tivo Streaming

B) MVP Video Transcoding

C) Dynamic Music Queries

D) Fix for ID3 tags in Unicode format

E) Fix for Random not being very random

F) xPLRioNetCFG updated

G) Various minor fixes and improvements

Users on a recent version of xPLRioNet need to update xplrionet.exe,
xplrionetcfg.exe, the whole web interface, transcode.xml. Scanner.txt
contains a couple of sample queries to select top 30 tracks and albums
added
in last 5 days

You MUST use the new data.mdb and run a PURGE & SCAN to use the latest
version (if you don't want to do a full scan at the moment then don't
update
until youre ready). You MUST also download the latest Helpers.zip if you
want MVP Tivo/Video Transcoding, and copy the 2 bitmaps to mvp\images

Users on earlier versions must stop and un-install and re-install (or
update
and refer back to previous posts) and download the latest helpers package
(for tivo/video transcoding)

Here's a more detailed explanation of the changes:

A) MVP Tivo Streaming

Requires the new helpers package and you need to install/run vserver on the
tivo(s)

Also copy the 2 bitmaps to mvp\images (if you use full screen skinning
instead of buttons you'll need to create a menutivo skin)

Add a tivo to the system by editing scanner.xml with a line(s) as follows:

<tivo ip="192.168.1.40" name="Main" />

When tivo's are defined the xplrionet startup will be slower, as it needs
query the tivo(s)

This needs a fairly hi-spec pc to prevent cpu being over-stretched

B) MVP Video Transcoding

Requires the new helpers package (or provide your own transcoders)

Add a transcoding entry as appropriate in transcoder.xml for the
appropriate
file extensions (I'll publish some examples when I can work out some decent
settings, I seem to have lost my wmv line I used for testing)

C) Dynamic Music Queries

The new version collects statistics about every track played, and keeps a
record of when albums and tracks are added to the database. You can create
queries by adding lines to scanner.xml

The web homepage has an option to reload queries from scanner.xml without
the need to restart xplrionet

The device menus now have a new option 'Queries' which will list available
queries for selection. You may also choose to preview the query results
before queueing the tracks (and can queue just some of the tracks if you
prefer)

A query is defined in scanner.xml thus:

<query title="Top 30" device="*"
artist="*" album="*" track="*"
genre="*"
top="30" days="120" sql="" />

Title= is the name of the query

Device= is either "*" for all devices or the device xpl instance
(in this
case only stats for that device are considered)

Artist=, Album=, Track=, genre= allows narrowing of the query using sql
'LIKE' strings

Top=, days= means the query only considers tracks meeting the statistics in
the given range

Sql= overrides all other options and allows you to provide a full sql
statement (must return TrackID as a minimum)

E.g.
<query title="New Albums" device="*"
sql="select trackid from AlbumTracks
WHERE
format(AlbumScanned,'yyyyMMdd')>=format(dateadd('d',-5,now),'yyyyMMdd');"
/>

You'll need to look at the database to decide which Table/Queries to use (I
can post more details of this, if required)

F) xPLRioNetCFG updated

xPLRioNetCFG now allows the editing of all entries in xplrionet.xml and
scanner.xml other than tivo's and queries (though it will not destroy these
entries)

Regards
Tony