Re: Re: Vendor / Developer ID Question.

Hi Neil

>So start by writing a message from xPL onto the display when it is
>detected
>and then as each button is pressed 1..5 have xPL acknowledge these
>press by
>saying "Button 1 pressed" etc.

On my xPL-LCD I have 6 buttons...

Menu up
Menu Down
Button1
Button2
Button3
Button4

If Menu up or down are pressed the pic sends out a menu message as pasted
below Obviously the menu number changes.......

30/06/05 08:21:32

xpl-trig
{
hop=2
source=aec-lcdosd.lcd1
target=*
}
sensor.basic
{
device=menu_12
type=input
current=high
}

When a button is pressed a message with the button number is sent...sample
below

30/06/05 08:24:37

xpl-trig
{
hop=2
source=aec-lcdosd.lcd1
target=*
}
sensor.basic
{
device=button2
type=input
current=high
}

So what i can do is creat Determinators which actually send out osd
messages to display Menus on the lcd and take action depending on which
Menu your in and which button is pressed....

There are some photos in the xPL photo section....

As far as sending reponses to xpl commands such as config.list
config.current config.response etc

I have a table for each message which gets send out in response to the
relevent request...

But if the device gets reconfigured in this case only hbeat time and
instance name are reconfigurable
i have to rewrite these new reconf,s to each table...

Same applies to hbeats ..i have 2 tables one for config hbeat(please config
me)  and one for standard hbeats.......these also must have new data
written to then when a new config takes place.....

HTH
Frank