Re: Vendor / Developer ID Question.

  • Subject: Re: Vendor / Developer ID Question.
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:59:18 -0000

This is driving me mad! I have replied to this enquiry right fomr the
start, and yahoo groups keeps bouncing my emails. I'm posting this
from the yahoo web interface in the hope that *this* works.

> Cheers!  It's yours :)
>
> When you have written some stuff, the best thing to do is create an
> xml fragment which described the features of your modules.
>
> John B has a great guide on how to do this.
>
> Ian.

As for Neil...

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@n...>
wrote:
> Good Luck geekster,
>
> I asked a question to the xPL Project site some months ago asking
> for a Vendor ID of NWE and never received a response !
>
> It appears that the WEB site "Ask a Question" in
> http://www.xplproject.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload
> <http://www.xplproject.org.uk/modules.php?
op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index>
> &name=FAQ&file=index does not work or is not monitored.

It's not monitored.

My apologies for the lack of response, but I have asked for
assistance with the website so many times that it's frankly
embarrasing - I'd absolutely love to update the whole thing, but I
simply don't have the time.

> Who is the correct person to be emailing with regard to seeking a
> Vendor/Developer ID?

Right here ;)

NWE is yours to use as a vendor ID - when you have written some code,
you should do two things: firstly, let one of the existing developers
have a play with it to ensure interoperability, and secondly,
generate an xml fragment to describe the features of your app/module -
this also allows you to interact with xplhal and open up the whole
scripting environment.

For the record, I'll repeat the call for help - the xPL project has
come a long way, and has a lot of cool code in use... we are,
however, suffering from a lack of accessibility and documentation.

Anyone who has web skills and would be willing to help build/run a
nuke/mambo cms is more than welcome, and can start work right away -
just mail me to see what we can do!

Ian.

Ian.