RE: Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals

  • Subject: RE: Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:52:51 +0100

Hi John,

> I just tried stopping xplhal, deleting x10cache.xml and then
> restarting xplhal. This deleted all my x10 devices from
> xplhal manager.
>
> I then recreated an x10 object and the status was unknown. I
> then switched it off in xplmgr and clicked on refresh - and
> it then went back to saying status unknown.

This is very odd, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem at all

> Of note the
> xplcache file is not recreated again until I shutdown xplhal
> - should this not be updated every time there is a change  or
> is it kept in memory?

Just kept in memory. It saves unnecessary disk access (there could be a lot
of it with x10) and in the event of a crash then by the time the server is
back up the x10 current status would be out of date anyway.

> I really hope I get to the bottom of this soon!

Do you have a non-nt4 PC you could just try it on?

> P.s. is anyone else running this successfully of NT4?

Not sure.

Thanks
Tony