Re: xplphone problems

  • Subject: Re: xplphone problems
  • From: "fgomez2865" <fgomez2865@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:07:48 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> > I have installed xplphone and after configuring everything I
> > have no way of calling out or receiving incoming calls.
>
> Are you sure "Agere Systems AC'97 Modem" is a voice modem?
>
> If it is a voice modem it's possible the inf file isn't correct,
preventing
> windows seeing it as a voice modem
>
> I used a usr voice modem during development, but had to make
amendments
> (modem specific) to the inf to get windows to accept it as a voice
modem.

> Have you specified "Agere Systems AC'97 Modem" in the xpl
config
items via
> xplhal manager?
>
> Regards
> Tony

First, thank you very much for your answer.

I find it difficult to determine if it is a voice modem, but from what
I have read in the agere website it seems: yes it is.

I have found also that it is a soft modem (that I have to admit I do
not know what are the implications of this).

There are not entries in the inf file about Voice and I have been
looking for how to fill such entries in the inf file, but it seems
that it is necessary to have the specifications from the manufacturer
and a lot of knowledge to edit each entry.

Taking the above into account, I do not know what to do next (just
speaking up :

a) buy an external modem with voice support (inf file included). In
this case which one ?

b) Copy the entries from other inf file and see what happens. Very
small options that this will work ...

c) Try to find the specs and build the inf file. Difficult to find the
specs , and need much time to understand all the options.

Could you recommend any of these options or suggest other ?

Thanks again

Fernando