Re: Event Log error for XPLCM12: Could not find file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\xplhubclients.bin".

  • Subject: Re: Event Log error for XPLCM12: Could not find file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\xplhubclients.bin".
  • From: Tom Van den Panhuyzen <tomvdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:43:34 +0200

Aha, that's scenario 1 then... though it is funny there are no more error
messages from the XPLCM12.
This is what is happening:
- xplhal starts first
- starts a hub (per configuration option)
- xplcm12 starts
- xplcm12 thinks there is no hub (V3 functionality)
- hub cannot be started because port 3865 is in use
This is not a problem unless for some odd reason xplcm12 would start before
xplhal. Then xplhal will not function because I think it doesn't like it
when it is told to start a hub but it cannot.
You could try:
- leave it like this... the errors are merely warnings and hopefully the
start order will remain the same;
- disable the hub from xplhal (look in the configuration file) - the hub
from xplcm12 will take over (it is more recent anyway);
- get a xplhal that is compiled with the latest xpllib: then it will be
100%
compatible with xplxm12 and the start order is not important.
Now I guess you have downloaded xplhal only recently, so you probably have
the latest version... Which means xplhal needs to be updated! (I have a
version that runs with xpllib V3 but that was sent to me off list more as a
test case. Has been running for more than half a year non-stop &
flawlessly.)
Cheers
Tom

On 7/31/05, mkanet@xxxxxxx <mkanet@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the eventlog, the message immediately before the one mentioned
below
> says:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: XPLCM12
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 0
> Date: 07/30/2005
> Time: 9:49:55 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: TAZ
> Starting hub because none is up
>

> In the eventlog, the message I get after the error mentioned below is:
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: xPLHal
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 0
> Date: 07/30/2005
> Time: 9:49:55 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: TAZ
> The xPL hub has started listening.
>
> Does this give you guys any clues? What can I try next?
>
> Thanks!
> Michael

Another
> xpl application might not like it when the CM12 has already started a
hub
> and it wants to do the same. John and I have discussed this issue and
> foreseen a switch so that you can prevent the automatical starting of
a V3

> hub. Alas, I checked both our sources and none of us have implemented
the
> configuration option...
> -- There is no other error in the EventLog
> Weird stuff then. It would mean the CM12 started a V3 hub. This would
also

> mean that xplhal has DisableHub=Y in its configuration file. And for
some
> reason the hub is unable to save its hubclients-file when it shuts
down...
> I think it is probably the first scenario.
> A neat tool to check which applications have which ports open can be
found

> here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
> Check which application is listening for UDP on 3865. That is the hub.
> Sidenote to others: what version of xpllib is the current release of
> xplhal
>
> using ? I thought it was V3 too ?
> Cheers
> Tom
>

> On 7/31/05, mkanet@xxxxxxx <mkanet@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Although, everything seems to work. I noticed that I am
consistently