RE: Newbie Question

  • Subject: RE: Newbie Question
  • From: <mkanet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:32:21 -0700

This information is for the author or anyone else that can help:

I did absolutely nothing wrong after installing both the hal and the cm12
gateway.  Both services were running fine.  Just a few minutes later, I
noticed the cm12 service was stopped.  When I try to start it, it starts
for
1 second then it stops again.  Even viewer doesn't have any error messages.
Only that "XPL CM12 service was successfully sent a start control....
then,
XPL C12 service entered the stopped state.

Again, I did absolutely nothing wrong and followed the instructions
correctly.  I know for a fact that my CM12 interface works correctly on my
PC with no problems (I have tested it with other software).  That is why I
think it is a bug.

I shouldn't have this much problems just trying to get it to work;
especially if I have followed the installation instructions correctly.
What
surprises me is that not even reinstalling it solves the problem.  It
worked
for 5 minute,,, I could even turn on and off my lights.  Now the program is
completely useless.

I hope the author will be able to help me soon, since I don't really have
the patience for buggy software.