From: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Neil Wrightson
Sent: 19 July 2005 12:04
To: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_xpl] Connecting to xPLHAL via sockets

Hi,

You may have noticed my previous post with regard to the possible pauses
with xPLHAL.
Because of this, I would like to do a bit more testing and take
Misterhouse out of the equation.

I wish to write a program to connect to xPLHAL server but I'm a bit
confused as to how I should be talking to this.
Should I open a connection to the port 3865 and try to talk to it as per
the "Core Protocol" schema I used in the serial interface or
should I be
trying to talk to it via the "xPLHAL Control Protocol
Specification"?

At this stage I'm trying to duplicate the generation of the OSD Date &
time stamp that I was producing with Misterhouse as per the previous
post.

In windows I program in Delphi, so if anybody has some examples in this
language they are willing to share I would be grateful.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk To Post