Re: Socket 3865, Misterhouse and Windows XP Problems

Howdy,

> The issue with xplhal and misterhouse comes about because misterhouse
> makes no attempt to implement the "hub" protocol - it simply
tries to
> bind to the port, and to hell with everyone else.

One possible way around this is to have >1 network interface and
configure
misterhouse to use one and xplhal to use the other.  You could physically
plug a second network card in, but easier still is to bind multiple IP
addresses to the your single network card, giving you effectively 2 (or
more) network interfaces.

Under NT/2000/XP, you can do this by editing the network interfaces
properties, then select TCP/IP.  Change from DHCP (Automatically assign
address) to manual and type in the address/gateway/broadcast (you cannot
use
DHCP and multiple addresses at the same time).  Then press the advanced
button and add in an addition address.

Next, tell misterhouse to use the other address and xplhal to use the
original/primary address and they should be able to live on the same
machine.  Note: I know zippo about misterhouse, so if I really do not know
if it has the option to bind to a specific network interface/IP address.
If
not, this probably won't work.

Gerry
--