Latest message you have seen: RE: xPLRioNet - Test Volunteers

Re: Rio suddenly can't find server

  • Subject: Re: Rio suddenly can't find server
  • From: "william_fredette" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:04:05 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> For some reason it's not seeing the dhcp server

Yes, that's what I figured. So it's defaulting to that Windows
internal IP address.

> I assume you mean 192.168.0.8, rather than 192.168.08?
> This entry has to be the full ip address that xplrionet is running
>on (i.e. same as in xplrionet.xml)

Right. That was a typo. The machine running xPLRioNet is 192.168.0.8

> You can only edit these files with the service stopped.

Yes. I stopped the service, edited the file, saved it and restarted
the service.

> Also, although xplrionet does rewrite the dhcp.xml file - at no
>time does it
> change the value it read for ip address (unless some massive error
>is occuring resulting in all variables being cleared).

Hmmm... that's what appears to have happened. When I restart after
editing as above, I just see "" where the IP addresses for the
various machines used to appear.

> Regards
> Tony

Thanks, Tony. I think I've been following the proper sequence, but
will try again. Also, I'm still having (or was before it stopped
working altogether) the problem with my "Current" list displaying
every track from a given album twice, and the Rio playing each track
twice. I've done several purge/scans, and there aren't any duplicate
files on my hard drive. Do you have any idea what might be causing
this?

As always, I really appreciate your responsiveness to user issues.

Bill